Frequently Asked Questions:

What are your hours of operation?
Standard operating hours are Monday through Thursday: 10:00am-8:00pm; Friday and Saturday: 10:00am-5:00pm.

Where can I talk on my cell phone at the library?
Cell phones are prohibited in the library. If you need to take or make a phone call, you may use the library lobby area, one of our three outside decks, or the café located outside of the Computer Center.

Do you provide supplies such as staples, tape, paper clips or scissors for patron use?
No – Patrons must bring their own supplies with them to the library.

Where can I have food or drinks in the library?
Food and drinks are only allowed in the café located outside of the Computer Center and strictly prohibited in all other areas of the library.

Electronic Services

What if I forget my PIN number for PINES?
We cannot tell you what your PIN number is, but we can reset it for you. Present your card at the circulation desk and ask to have your PIN reset. Patrons may also request a password reset by phone by calling our Circulation Department @ 770-388-5040. The patron must be able to provide the library staff person with the barcode number, full name, date of birth, and either address or phone number. If your account has an email address attached to it, you may reset your PIN online. Go to “My Account” (gapines.org) and under the “Login” button, click “Forgot your password?”. You must enter either your username or your barcode (your library card number without any spaces) and click “Submit”. Your reset PIN will be emailed to you.

Do you have a scanner for patron use?
Yes, it is located in the Computer Center and is free of charge to use.

Do you have a copier?
Yes, we have a copier located in the Adult Services Department and the cost is .15 cents per page.

Do you have a printer for patron use?
Yes, we have two. One is located in the Computer Center and the other is in Adult Services. Cost is  .15 cents per page. (Black and white only)

Do you have a fax machine for patron use?
Yes. The fax machine is located in the Computer Center and the cost is $1.75 for the first page, and $1.00 for each additional page.

Can I print from my laptop?
No, you cannot print directly from your device. However, you can log into one of our computers and print from there.

Where are your computers located?
The Computer Center, located on the lower level, has computers with internet access for all age groups. Adult Services has ten computers for research purposes for patrons 18 years of age and older, the Young Adult area has computers with internet access for ages 12-18 years of age, and the Children’s area has eight computers with access to educational games and databases for ages 1-11 years of age. 

Youth Services

Are your books organized by Grade Level/Reading Level/Lexile/Accelerated Reader (AR) Level?
No, our books are categorized as Young Adult or Juvenile Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Biographies or Easy/Early Readers. Lists of leveled books should be provided by your child’s school.

Is registration required for Juvenile and Young Adult programs?
Some programs, such as Story Times and special events with limited space and materials, will require registration. Please check the Calendar of Events or call the Youth Services Desk for more information:(770) 388-5040 ext 113.

Is a library card required to play on the juvenile game computers?
Yes, patrons must register before accessing the computers. The sign-in sheet is located in the Youth Services Department.

Is a library card required to use the young adult computers?
Yes, any young adult patron (between ages 12–18 years) using a computer must have a valid PINES library card issued in their name.

Can I leave my children in the Youth Services Department while I go to another area of the library?
No – there is a strict policy regarding unattended children in the library. Children under the age of 12 years MUST be accompanied by an adult in all areas of the library at all times.


Study Spaces

Do you have study rooms?
Yes, we have two study rooms located in the Adult Services Department and they are reserved on a first come first serve basis. To reserve a study room, you must present your valid PINES card (current with no outstanding fines) at the Adult Services desk.

How can I reserve the meeting room?

The meeting room can be rented out by the day for functions that are free and open to the public. The meeting room cannot be used for private functions, fundraising, campaigning, or for selling goods or services. For more information about scheduling the meeting room contact the library Administration office at #770-388-5040 ext. 123 or email: meetingroom@conyersrockdalelibrary.orgMeeting room applications are also accepted via fax @ #770-388-5043. Maximum occupancy=360. For the meeting room application click here.