Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
The purpose of the Conyers-Rockdale Library Teen Advisory Board is to encourage middle and high school students (ages 13 to 18) to become involved users of the library through the promotion of reading, volunteerism and participation in the library.
What is TAB?
The Conyers-Rockdale Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of dedicated, involved middle and high school students who are interested in making a difference at their library. TAB members play a critical role in developing the library’s young adult collection, young adult outreach, program planning and marketing, and making the library a friendlier place for young adults.
TAB membership is a commitment of time; TAB meetings are once a month for one hour. Members will earn community service hours and will have a direct impact on the young adult section of the library.
Are you interested in serving on the Teen Advisory Board? Please apply here.
For more information, please contact Ashley Pearson at email@example.com
- Must be an 8th – 12th grade student
- Must be willing to commit one hour a month towards meetings
- Must be willing to accrue at least 2 volunteer hours a year towards library programming.
- Must be interested in the library and improving library services for teens.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Meetings begin on time
- Sign in and out of meetings to record hours
- Participate fully in all meetings
- Respect the staff, each other and the library space.
- Attend meetings. After three unexcused absences, membership will be suspended.
- Attend as many Young Adult programs as possible and help with the set up and clean up.
- Be a responsible library user and a role model at TAB and other library functions.
- Be an advocate. Promote reading, program attendance and library use.
Teen Advisory Board 2016 Members & Positions
Zoe Newton TAB Chairperson (2016-2017)
Sydney Phillips TAB Co-Chair (2016-2017)