The Nancy Guinn Memorial Library offers an Interlibrary Loan service, also known as ILL, that allows patrons to borrow books that are not available in our collection or at other PINES libraries. Through the WorldShare Network, we are able to provide our patrons access to materials from libraries and institutions throughout the United States. The Interlibrary Loan request form is available online and at the Adult Services Department information desk.
Patrons are responsible for any fees or postage associated with an Interlibrary Loan and must have a valid PINES library card in good standing (no fines or fees) in order to place a request.
Interlibrary Loan borrowing privileges of patrons who accumulate overdue fines or fees will be suspended until sufficient payments are made to reduce the overdue balance to zero.
Failure to return Interlibrary Loan items on time may result in the suspension of the requesting patron’s library borrowing privileges. Item/s must be returned to the Adult Services Department. Book deposits (book drops) are not to be used when returning ILL materials.
Patrons requesting Interlibrary Loan items must present their valid PINES card at the time of pick-up. Exception: A parent picking up Interlibrary Loan materials for their child may present the child’s card at the time of pick-up.
What is not available through Interlibrary Loan at CRLS?
- Non-book items, which include but are not limited to, microfilm, reference materials, CDs, DVDs, records (LPs), maps, pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, and journals.
- Popular authors and/or newest titles.We request patrons suggest these items for purchase, especially those published within the last 6 months. Lending institutions will not loan these materials.
What is available through Interlibrary Loan at CRLS?
- Print Books
- Photocopies of newspaper, magazine, or journal articles.Note: Photocopies of specific portions of non-circulating or reference books and microforms are provided on a limited basis. For instance: portions of an index, table of contents, obituaries, etc. from archival, genealogy, local history or reference materials.
How Borrowing Works
- Print books and photocopies from select materials may be requested.
- Some requests may not be filled due to high demand, copyright restrictions, inability to locate, or rarity of item.
- A patron may have no more than five (5) items on request at any given time.
- Materials that may not be requested include those deemed temporarily in use, on reserve, in-library use only, and electronic full-text information available via GALILEO or locally purchased databases.
- The library will not seek loans of materials that have been published within the last six (6) months.
Submitting A Request
- Patrons may place an Interlibrary Loan request in person at the Nancy Guinn Memorial Library at the Adult Services information desk.
- The Interlibrary Loan request form is available on the library’s website and may be completed online, printed, and brought by the requester to the Adult Services Department information desk.
- Interlibrary Loan requests will be filled as quickly as possible; however, turnaround time varies depending upon the lending library and item/s requested.
- Patrons will be notified by telephone or email when their item/s arrive at the Nancy Guinn Memorial Library. Failure to pick-up requested item/s may result in suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Loan periods are determined by the lending library. Items are generally loaned to patrons for a period of two (2) weeks.
- A due date will be assigned when the patron picks up the item/s. Items will be considered overdue if they are not returned to the Adult Services Department of the Nancy Guinn Memorial Library by the assigned due date.
Conditions of Use
- Conyers-Rockdale Library System will strictly adhere to conditions set by the lending library for the use of their materials. Periodically, this will require that loaned materials are restricted to in-library use only/not available for check-out.
- Items should be returned to the Adult Services Department information desk for proper processing. Interlibrary Loan item/s should not be deposited in the library book drop. Failure to comply with this stipulation may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges and fines.
- Patrons are responsible for paying postage to have Interlibrary Loan materials mailed to the Nancy Guinn Memorial Library. The shipping charge cannot be determined until the materials arrive at the library.
- If the lending library charges a fee for photocopies or sending particular requested material, patrons will be consulted about their willingness to pay before those materials are borrowed. The patron is responsible for all fees charged by the lending library.
Overdue and Lost material charges
- Lost, damaged, or stolen Interlibrary Loan materials are subject to the lending library’s rules and regulations.
- Upon notice that an item cannot be returned, the Conyers-Rockdale Library System staff will contact the lending library to determine the material/s charge.
- Charges for lost or damaged materials, as well as overdue charges for Interlibrary Loan items, are the responsibility of the patron borrower.
- These charges will be reflected on the patron’s library account and may impact his/her borrowing privileges.
- The lending library determines whether or not renewals are allowed, and no renewals may be made unless the lending library has been given proper notice and approval of the renewal has been issued. In certain cases, lending libraries will not allow renewals.
- Contact the Adult Services Department at #770-388-5040 ext. 118 to request information regarding renewal options.
- Up to five (5) pages within copyright limits are available.
- There is a fifty-cent (50¢) per page charge for photocopies.
- Materials will be photocopied from print or microfilm.